Keg90S can be the main sulfur nutrient source if it is regularly applied as part of a nutrient management program. However, if soil sulfur levels are very deficient, or if elemental sulfur is being applied for the first time, sulfur requirements must be augmented by a form of soluble sulfate to ensure immediate sulfate needs are met (especially in the case of high sulfur demand crops such as canola).
- Keg90S can be applied alone or blended with other fertilizers.
- Application rate is based on agronomic recommendations from soil tests and crop removal rates of sulfur.
- Keg90S can be used in soil amendment and pH adjustment.
- Can be banded or broadcasted; broadcasting in the fall has the benefit of exposing pastilles to freeze-thaw and moisture over winter for more thorough disintegration.
- Repeat applications of Keg90S improves soil populations of sulfur-processing bacteria – making the soil more efficient at processing elemental sulfur to sulfate.
- After repeated use of elemental sulfur, use of AMS can successfully be reduced or eliminated.
Keg River provides several options to our customers. Let us know what works for you.
- Bulk truck or rail car
- Mini-Bulk Bags (Totes): 2700 lbs/tote (1225 kg/tote)
- Plastic Heat Sealed 50# Bags (54/pallet, stretch-wrap over poly-woven cap)